30 Dec 2015

KINGSLEY IGWE

Military Not Sincere On Casualty Figure Of Sunday’s Attack – Borno Residents



Residents of Maiduguri, the Borno State capital has faulted the claim by Operation Lafiya Dole that only 26 people were killed in last Sunday attack in Maiduguri by the dreaded Islamic sect, Boko Haram.

The residents said they had gone to the state specialists hospital where they saw the corpses and the injured, adding that there was the need to always keep the people abreast as regards the insurgency situation in the northeast.

Mallam Kallamu Inusa, who lost a brother during the attack on Sunday told DAILY POST that he was shocked by the claims made by the Nigerian military on the number of the victims.

According to him, “it is disheartening that people are not being told the truth about the situation; why can’t they tell us the truth? Hiding the position of things, particularly this insurgency is not the right thing to do.”

Inusa added, “in our area Polo, about six houses were burnt down by the attackers. They want us to believe them? They should resort to telling us the truth. I am not talking because I lost a brother; go round and ask people in this area, they would tell you that the figure is far beyond what the military is portraying.”

Another resident Mr. Amos Peter told DAILY POST that he was at the state specialist hospital where he counted more than 50 corpses while looking for his daughter.

“I am lucky and thank God; she was not killed. Right now, she is receiving treatment at the University of Maiduguri Teaching hospital. I personally counted over 50 people killed as a result of the attack. I am surprised that the military is saying that only 26 people were killed,” he said.

KINGSLEY IGWE

About KINGSLEY IGWE -

I've even gone so far as to verbalize it specifically, time is too precious to waste on trivial arguments and negativities. I'd rather get on to the more fun and rewarding stuff right away!

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...